NJ Guard Training Academy Inc. offers a CPR/AED and Basic First Aid training certification course thru the American Heart Association.
A heart attack victim has less than 3 minutes before critical lifesaving CPR must be initiated or the likelihood of survival great diminishes. 350,000 cardiac incidents occur each year with over 70% occurring in the home or work environment.
Our course goal is to teach you, the student, how to respond to a cardiac arrest emergency, in addition to providing you with the skills to recognize the signs of a heart attack and help the person until advanced training arrives.
You will also be better prepared in handling Basic First Aid emergencies through our recognition and hands on skills performance.
Our experienced instructors will demonstrate step by step procedures in providing high quality CPR and work with each student in building confidence and competency in all steps in the Chain of Survival.
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognizing scene safety
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult, child and infant
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Basic Medical Emergencies
- Injury Emergencies
- Environmental Emergencies
- Preventing Injury; legal questions
- Finding the ProblemControlling Bleeding and Bandaging
- Using an Epinephrine Pen
Save someone you love:
Over 22% of First Aid / CPR certified personnel report using their training at least once in their life on a family member or friend. Act today and enjoy the security of knowing you can save a life.